1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those who have been in hetero relationships- when did you come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Curiousmum, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Curiousmum

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi all,

I am not 100% on things just yet, and my feelings (or allowing myself to actually feel them) are still very new to me. So while I feel like this, I do not want to come out to my partner.

When I do, it will be the end of our relationship. It will be the end of our family as we know it, and I need to tread carefully. I have three small children and life will change dramatically for us, so I'm absolutely terrified. I'm terrified we will have no support, that my partner will shun me.

I guess I just would like to know if other people have been in this situation, how they have gone about it, and how long did they wait until after coming to terms with their sexuality to tell their current partner?

Any advice would be super appreciated right now, thanks!

2. Najlen

I'm sorry, I'm a teenager, so I can't help but I can sympathize. You might want to also post this in the LGBT later in life forum, I think there might be more people who can help you there.(*hug*)

3. Curiousmum

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok will do, thanks! :slight_smile: