1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem at work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gutsrie, Aug 17, 2008.

1. gutsrie

hi guys, i didn't know where else to turn...

well, there's a gay guy i work with and he's a manager and i'm a lowly paid hourly employee... anyways, this manager really likes me and has even told me so and has even asked me to be his lover. he even proceeds to do things like kissing me on the back of the neck, tugging my nipples, etc. i don't feel violated or anything and i just shrug off his advances but i have no interest in the guy! he's a nice guy but that's about it.

i already told him i wasn't interested in him awhile back yet he still continues to come on to me. i only work part-time there and he wants to give me more hours and i would love more hours because i really like the job and since he's the guy in charge of getting me more hours, i'm afraid to tell him off. i don't know what to do.

2. Jim1454

Wow - that's REALLY bad! What kind of place do you work in? I mean, it shouldn't matter but if you're a bartender in a gay bar or something, your boss grabbing your nipples might be slightly more acceptable than if you were a part time custodian in a Catholic Church...

If you want to stay on good terms, I think you'll have to keep laughing it off, but remind him EVERY TIME that it's simply NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Personally, I'd be looking for a new job if I were you.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Question....how old is the manager and how old are you? This kind of behavior is highly inappropriate from your boss. I'd make it very clear that you are interested in more hours but you will not sleep with him to get them! If he doesn't know the value of your work, then its time to move somewhere else. This really is sexual harassment!

4. gutsrie

i'm 23. he's 27. i work in a dine-in restaurant/bar as a waiter. i'm pretty new at this waiter stuff as well so it wouldn't be easy just getting another job waiting tables.

and as far as things happening, they HAVE happened. he recently invited me out for a drink and i got drunk and well... things happened that i didn't want to happen. it only adds to the whole problem.

#4 gutsrie, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    How old are you and how old is he?

6. -Michael-

[​IMG]
    heh heh (i love my new evil smiley, that martin made himself)

I would accept the hours offered but make it very clear.
    That the hours are for the hard work you do and not for anything else...

7. riddlerno1

Yes, like evryones said, u can accept the hours but need to make it very clear that u dont see him in that way. This could be classed as sexual harrassment u know.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm afraid the situation's already messed up. You can hope nothing comes of this, but it'd actually be best if you found another place to work. Then, if you're still interested in each other, as you please. :slight_smile:

Lex