1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hometown Best-Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KittySaysHi, Jun 4, 2014.

1. KittySaysHi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To clear things up: I am 15, and go to high school in a different state than where my parents and family reside. I am back home for summer now. I came out to myself and my closest friends while I was at school in the other state, but no one from home knows about my change in sexuality.

That being said, today I was texting my best friend of 11 years, and I accidentally hinted at having a crush on someone from my school state. Oops. Immediately, she wants to know who the "mystery boy" is.

I didn't know how to tell her that I had feelings for a girl! I've only been bisexual for a few months, everything is moving so quickly! I mean, I definitely have feelings for this girl, but I'm not ready to tell those outside of my "queer community" (we joke about all of our friends being gay at school) about my new "self-discovery" just yet.

So what did I do? I lied. I told her all about this guy who doesn't exist. I kept the details the same, I just switched the gender.

I'm going to have to tell her eventually. What do I do?!

2. Najlen

Don't tell her until you feel ready. Things can move as fast or as slow as you want them too. When you are ready, you could just say, "Remember the Mystery Boy? Well, she was actually a mystery girl." or something like that. Are your friends and family accepting of LGBT people in general? If so, you should have no problems.

3. arcchi

Do this when you feel doing this. I was picked up in the same situation when I 1st needed to come out, but as I can see you are outed, what is good, cuz you have the experience of coming out.

I had this big crush in a girl and my bf (best friend, no boyfriend) asked me if I was crushing someone. I bat around the bush about this for like 1-2 month(s) with her asking "who is heeee?!" everyday. I told her when I felt doing this and so should you. Don't tell her just cuz she is or might be pressuring you about this, do you feel telling her? Tell her. Don't you feel telling her? Don't tell her. It's all up to you.

btw this is important too. Part of the reason I beat around with my bf is cuz she is extremely religious so I was really afraid of her reaction. But is your friend accepting?

4. KittySaysHi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like my friends would be accepting for the most part, by my family... not so much!