1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom knows I'm queer

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wontwalkblindly, Jun 4, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read something from a book I have that mentioned gender to my mom. She used it as a Segway to ask me if I like boys or girls or both. I was planning on coming out to her and my grandma on the 10th so I said "really?? You couldn't have waited 6 days?" (Joking around)
    Eventually I said "I'm not gay or straight or bi; I'm queer." Obviously there was some confusion because a lot of people think that queer is just a slur for gay. But I explained what it meant for me (that I don't base my sexuality on gender; that I just like people). And we talked about tons of lgbtq stuff. Trans* stuff (surgeries, hormones, gender binary/spectrum, pronouns), identities, the meaning of cisgender, my moms friend who is transgender... Just... It was good.
    I don't know why she brought it up (how she knew I wasn't straight essentially).
    Also I don't know if she's gonna tell my grandma or if she's not, how I am. Because I was gonna tell them both at the same time and obviously this is different. I don't know.
    But yeah. June 4th 2014 around 9:30pm I came out to my mommy. :slight_smile:
    I'm proud to be queer.
    Also just a random thing: it felt really good to be able to update my "out status" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear friend

Congratulations! Tell your mom that you want to tell the rest of the family in my own time. It's great to see people coming out and being open.

We'll done my good sir, hats off to you
    -Dexter

3. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! That is awesome! I hope it gets you one step closer to true happiness :grin:

4. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow! You're mom sounds Awesome!

5. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Whoo Hoo! :eusa_clap and the (!)