1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should zi

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by falcenav, Jun 6, 2014.

1. falcenav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm gay, and Christian. (Im fully in the closet)

I just got home from a bible study with my friends and youth pastor. He told us that we could talk/confess anything to him, and it wouldn't surprise him. He said he's discussed drugs, pregnancy, and... homosexuality.

Except I dont see my sexuality as sinful, at all. I think that a lot of the sex itself is sinful, but I dont think i will be sent to Hell because Id rather kiss a boy. I cant like girls, I know this. I dont want to come out to him and then have him always be on me about 'fixing' myself, I want him to just help me accept that Im gay and how to live my life as a Christian.

They arent urges, i dont think it's a phase. I dont want to be constantly bothered about becoming straight or fighting off who I am. Im gay, and Im never going to marry a girl.

I think Im going to stay quiet for now. Advice?

---------- Post added 6th Jun 2014 at 04:23 PM ----------

The title should read, "Should I come out to my youth pastor?". Oops.

2. falcenav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    a response would be helpful

3. Closetdress

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Does he need to know?

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yea, he might be able to help you but um, does he ever talk about homosexuality as a sin or anything along those lines?

5. Hyaline

In a perfect world he would be someone you coupe talk to. But I would be worried that is motivation to be an open ear is to try and steer your path to come with his beliefs. He doesn't have to keep it in confidence and that might no be something you want shared.. If anything I would avoid that conversation until you have a better idea of his reaction.

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing "sinful" about being gay, nor is there anything wrong with loving someone or expressing that love physically to the person you love. You might want to consider switching to a Christian church which acknowledges this instead of one chosen for you by default by your parents that might have been appropriate for them, but isn't for you, once you are old enough to make your own choices. Meanwhile, if you anticipate grief rather than help from your current pastor, best to keep your orientation to yourself for now.

7. idkgrrrl

Tell him exactly how you feel about being gay. Tell him that you aren't coming to him so he can "fix" you, because you aren't broken and you do not believe that you are.

Ask him to help you become a better Christian, help you embrace who you are, and to help you accept yourself. Talk to him about your orientation and tell him how you are not interested in being fixed up.