1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back Again, and need advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starlight, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Starlight

Starlight Guest

There are two reasons as to why I’ve come back, one because Phil commented on my wall on Facebook telling me he didn’t hate me (*hug*) despite the fact that at the moment I do feel that everyone for various reasons does hate me. And two that I’m in need of some advice…

I’m not going to bore you all with the reasons as to why I’ve been away, it’s been a difficult time for me, but life is starting to get better now :wink:

A couple of nights ago a friend of mine, S, asked to borrow my phone and I thought nothing of it as he’s always borrowing my phone. Problem is he sent texts to the guy I like; who I’ll call C, telling him that I liked him. The following conversation I had with C, which was the point where I found out that text messages had been sent, actually turned out to be quite good and strangely he mentioned it straight out and that he wouldn’t forget it despite me asking him to. From there things have kind of gone somewhere I didn’t see coming.

My friend S, got hold of my phone again after I fell asleep (personally I blame the fact that I’m working at the moment) and this time for whatever reason he tried to persuade C to go out with me, something of which I’d love to happen but know the score between me and him and that hasn’t bothered me or affected our friendship. And to top it all off the revelation of what S said in the text is currently on my facebook wall for all to see. I’m in two minds on what to do I could delete it to hide the truth or alternatively leave it there so that if anyone didn’t know I liked C they know do :confused:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, it's nice that S wants to help. But he's gotta stop playing Cyrano. What's he going to do if you end up meeting with C? Will he text you from the next table, telling you want to say on your date? It's one thing to hook up a couple friends you think would be nice together. It's another to sort of force them into one another's arms. So tell S that you greatly appreciate what he's been trying to do, but to please stop it now. And put a passcode on your phone to keep him from futzing with it anymore.

As for facebook, I'd delete it. Not because it's inaccurate, but because 1. you didn't say it, and 2. it sounds like it was supposed to be for C to hear, not the entire world. I'd like it if someone asked me out, but not if that request was posted verbatum on the guy's website. My life isn't a reality show for others to watch every detail on.

You sort of leave the question of where you and C are headed floating. Is C interested at all?

Lex

3. Starlight

Starlight Guest

I probably wasn't clear with what I said, C posted it on my wall on facebook after I told him to not actually knowing what was going to be said. It's how I've found out that S tried to get him to go out with me.

I don't know where C and I are heading, lol, he's not the easiest person to work out at the best of times. Apparently, from what I've been told from S, he said that his feelings for me or liking me was a non-issue at the moment becasue he's in a difficult place with a few things in his life. To be honest he's never said anything to me but then he can be very shy about things :lol: