1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I insane???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by vampireboy56, Aug 18, 2008.

1. vampireboy56

vampireboy56 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :help:I been having the strangest dreams, so last week I started a dream diary

i summarized some of them, and I've always ended up dead. The first night I was hit by a car.. the second night I was shot...the third night I was melted....(by water)....the fourth night I got bitten by a vampire...the fifth night, I was beaten with a baseball bat....the sixth night I was a vampire and killed by a werewolf...and the seventh night I was in a saw-esque trap, I could hear the Jigsaw person somewhere....

Am I going crazy or is there something wrong with me??? IDK I'm getting scared to go to sleep because I know I'll die everytime.

Am I going to die soon???

:help:SCARED:help:

2. Starlight

Starlight Guest

Not insane, but you may want to look at what you do before you sleep and even eat because that could be affecting the dreams.

If anything being scared could also effect your dreams, just relax and try not to think about it :wink:

3. berileos

berileos Guest

You won't die,but you need to visit a psychologist...dreaming nightmares every night isn't normal.There is a problem that bothers you very much,but psychologist will deal with it better than me.In my opinion,you think there is no way out from the situation you're in,that's why you're dreaming such dreams.I dreamed of dying lots of times,but never 7 nights in a row...Doctor should write you some prescriptions and it will all be fine...No one ever died because of their dream...

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An increase in nightmares or frightening dreams usually is a symptom of extra stress during the waking hours. How has life been treating you during the time you're not asleep?

Lex

5. vampireboy56

vampireboy56 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    pretty stressful...im starting high school in a few weeks...I just came out to my parents...they're kind of still a little freaked out by it, I have two books to read, and 11 math booklets to do

6. -Michael-

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's probably what's going on - just more stress than you're used to. The brain tends to try to work through extra stress at night if it has to, and so reality, panic and stress can start intruding on otherwise normal/nice dreams. Just focus on what you've gotta do*, and the dreams should abate soon.

Lex

* - This is the gargoyle's way of saying "Uh, shouldn't you be reading now?" :grin:

8. Melted by water? :confused:

Interesting indeed!

I agree with everyone though, looks like a lot of stress. Is there any way besides solving those problems that you can de-stress yourself? (is that even a word?)

9. Bookmarked

Happily enough, if you can ask the question "Am I insane?" or make the statement "I'm crazy" then you're actually not. One of the main parts of being completely mad is that you're too ga-ga to realise it. Vaguely.

However, on the subject of your dreams, a few questions:
    Do you actually "die" in your dreams, or do you wake up the second before your inevitable demise?
    From what point of view do you see yourself dying? First person (out of your own eyes) or as some sort of observer?
    Are you capable of feeling any pain in your dreams? If so, how much?

Questions end. As for comment-dreams are -not- prophetic. They are images that are thrown up "somewhere in the brain" for "some reason we don't know" They are no indication of the future, but rather of the present. For some unknown reason, you've entered a cycle of nightmares, in which you have one bad dream, you wake up afraid to go back to sleep. When you do go back to sleep, you get another nightmare, and thus you wake up all the more afraid. It's a cycle, and you're repeating it.

As for how to break out of something like this, two things. Dreams can arise from internal conflict-is there something in your life that you're avoiding doing/saying/thinking? If so, try and resolve that, and maybe you'll have peace of mind. For a more short term and immediate solution, there's one pretty good way of ensuring that you have a restful sleep. Go out and do something physical. Sport, heavy lifting, walking, whatever. Often, if you go to bed feeling physically exhausted rather than mentally fatigued you'll find it helps.

Good luck, and sweet dreams.

10. Gumtree

I love dying in dreams :/

Don't know about anyone else but the sensation of being dead in a dream is awesome!

Well for me anyway.

Hahah now you're making ME feel insane.

*quotes for mad world*
    I find it kind of funny
    I find it kind of sad
    That dream in which im dying
    Are the best i've ever had

11. TasteMyRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Phobias come from something our mind will not allow us to forget, even if we don not recall it consiously. Sometimes these phobias manifest themselves as dreams. Did you perhaps lose someone who was close to you? I don't really believe you're insane. You might want to evaluate how each dream makes you feel, and see if you can remember a time in your life when you felt the same way. It sound like you might fear letting go of things that are familiar, or maybe you have trouble trusting that you will be saved. I won't pretend to know everything, because in reality, I don't. But I really hope things work out for you.

12. vampireboy56

vampireboy56 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I die and then it fades to black and I wake up. Now the really weird part about this whole thing is that sometimes I was an observer like when I got hit by a car, when I was beaten with a baseball bat. The other times I was myself...

13. Techcompu2

I had been going to ask these questions too. I know knothing on the subject on dreams. However, In one episode of the T.V. show CHARMED, they said that if you die in your dream(s), you die in real life.

I don't really believe in that, however my uncle has had strange dreams before, and they came true. He had a dream once that a terrorist would set off a bomb on a water dam. He called some section of the government, because he had gotten dreams like this before, and a while later, They caught a couple of terrorists that were taking pictures of a dam in preporation for setting off a bomb there.

What I am trying to say is that although dreams may not be 100% real, they are nothing to take too lightly. I doubt that your dreams would mean much like my uncle's dreams. I, like others in this thread, think that your dreams are because of stress, and not some supernatural force.

I also think that it might be a good idea to see someone about the dreams if they do not stop on their own.

And DON'T worry abot it too much. If it is because of stress, that will make it worse.

RELAX!

#13 Techcompu2, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  14. Louise

Stress can bring on nightmares and also different food stuffs. Chocolate, cheese and red wine can induce hallucinatory dreams, so can eating rice just before bed. If the rice in your stomach is not digested properly before you go to sleep it can ferment in your tummy making a kind of rice alcohol which can give you funny dreams.

If you of the nightmares. One way of managing stress is to write down everything that is worrying you and in the next column write why and then read it through and try to put some perspective on it all. Some of your fears, once down on paper might not seem so bad.

For the ones that are still worrying you try to find a solution, one at a time so that you are no longer overwhealmed by them.

As for the work you have to do, prioritise then set yourself a time table that you stick to and you will see that you will soon get through it all. Things that you absolutely won't be able to do then you have to renegociate with the person/teacher concerned for them to give you more time.

If a teacher says to you , 'yes but you had XX number of weeks to do this in' then you say yes, you know and that you are sorry but there are a number of things in your life at the moment and things have gotten out of hand and now you are trying to sort them out, could they please be lenient and give you more time. As they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You already have the deadline it can't get any worse.