1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling Apart

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Geist, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My brother just left to go off to college and while for some people this would be a relief for me it is sad. My brother was the only one who truly accepted me and in many ways he was my best friend. We would always just hang around the house and cut jokes with each other. Now my house feels empty and I am beginning to feel like I am all alone. During times like this I would usually turn to my friends to just hang out with and have fun, but due to recent events I feel like me and most of my friends are drifting apart.

This has left me feeling unwanted and simply forgotten. I feel like I need a friend or really just anyone in my daily life who totally accepts me for who I am, but it feels like no one wants to be my friend. Deciding I needed to get out of this rut I went to my local gay youth group to make some new friends, but all I found were two lesbians who had no interest in being friends with me. It appears in the time I have been away the youth group fell apart and will most likely close shortly.

It just feels like the world I knew is slowly falling apart and no matter what I do I am going to lose it and end up all alone.

2. berileos

berileos Guest

If you ever stay alone(and that won't happen),EC will always be here for you(*hug*)

3. silentsound

Well, I know what you mean about your brother. Mine is about to leave and I am scared as hell, he is my best friend. Remember that EC will always be here when you feel alone ♥ Stay strong honey

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Please know that EC will always be here for you. You are never alone. Things will get better.

I can imagine that it must be difficult for you right now with your brother moving away for college but things will get better. Try to maintain contact with him as much as you can. How far is your brother moving away? If he is not too far, you could try visiting him from time to time. When he comes home for a visit make it a point to spent as much as time with him as possible.

You will be able to find new friends that will accept you for who you are. Even though you found the two members of the youth group not really 'inviting' try to find out if there is another group that you could perhaps join. Have you tried attending a PFLAG Spokane meeting? Often PFLAG chapters will have youth groups and events that bring GLBT youths together. If you want to, please try looking into that.

I hope this helps!