1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing my life...but how?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexisnicole, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Alexisnicole

Alexisnicole Guest

Hi everyone! So here's my story.

I am recently coming out as a bisexual (female) to some close friends. I have no problem coming out, at all. I am currently in a situation where I just had a baby, so no one really would see this coming. I would love to find a girl but I honestly have no idea how to.

What steps do I take to find someone? Where do I go to meet people? It's hard for me to go out considering I'm not legally able to drink yet. Also, the first things you talk to about usually aren't about your sexual preferences. They just assume you're in to guys.

I'm also not the online dating type. So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. How to meet people? Not terribly hard. You say that you're young enough to not be able to drink legally, are you in school? If yes, find out if there is an LGBT group/center at your school that you can check out. Meet a few people, hang out a little, meet their friends and bam! you'll have a bunch of new friends and maybe a date or two!

If you're not in school, that doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't LGBT groups/centers around in your area that you could potentially look into, it's just so likely at schools that I started there.

Finding a partner is simpler when you're out (lots of people know people who are single and if they know what you're interested in they'll be better equipped to help you look!) and it's simpler when you make it habit to meet people--not just like "could I date this girl?" but genuinely getting interested in being friends with new people can help. And if those new people are LGBT already, they won't make so many assumptions about what you're into :slight_smile:

Other than those things where the population of the places you would be are largely LGBT+, I would say do things you're interested in. If you like reading, join a local book club at the library, if you play volleyball, join an intramural team or something. Go places and do things that you like to do and see if you make any friends. If you're bisexual and interested in those things, there's no reason why you couldn't meetn girls there who are also both of those things!

Beyond that, hard to say! But good luck and congrats for having it all together with coming out no problem! That's pretty rad.