1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my parents might know?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 94nat, Apr 15, 2007.

1. 94nat

I've been really in a worried state today. It was something that happened last night at home. I've never worn pj's to bed at night, only a pair of boxers and in the last few months have been sleeping naked because it makes me feel free and well I just like it. I haven't done this for ages but last night I sleep walked. I ended up in the kitchen and was trying to open a cupboard and naked. My dad took me back to my bed and put me back to bed. At about 8.30 my mum came in and woke me and my brother up. She said to me "have you lost your boxers" or something like that. I said, no why. Then she told me the story of my sleep walk around the house. My mum and little brother then went out shopping (dad goes to work very early). I didn't want to go with then, I told them I felt sick (which I really did a bit). After they left I didn't know whether to cry or not. Its now 3.30 and they still haven't come back so I think that they are mad with me? I am worried about when dad gets home from work tonight. I think that they might think that I'm gay. I don't want to tell them just yet but might have to.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't think they would think you are gay from that. There is no obvious connection between sleepwalking naked and being gay.

I think if you carry on as though it never happened, they won't mention it again. If they do, say that you were hot or that the elastic was pinching - or just say you don't know, you must have taken them off in your sleep. It is most likely that they were shocked or embarrassed, rather than anything more.

Something similar happened when I was around 14 or 15. Mum came into my room when I was in bed for some reason (she didn't usually) and saw my PJ's on the floor because, like you, I find sleeping naked much more comfortable and less restrictive. She picked them up and said something like "shouldn't you be wearing these" then left. Like you, I thought she would guess that I was gay from that, or that it would come out somehow from the incident, but nothing further was said.

3. justjoshoh

Sleepwalking in the nude isn't a prerequisite for being gay. I think you might be reading too much into it, or there are underlying things that you didn't mention. Of course, this may all be a subconscious effort on your part to get the conversation started.

4. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi nathan, mate i wouldnt worry about this. ive never selpt in pj's either. My little brothers 13 and 10 also dont have them. My dad doesnt have them either. mum doesnt work so i suppose to cut costs they never gave me and my brothers pj's. ive been sleeping naked for ages now and my 13yo bro does also and my 10yo does some times. I use to sleep walk but havent for a long time now. I hope that every thing will be ok for you tonight! please post or e-mail me soon to let us know what happens!

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Nat, it is quite common for straight guys to sleep naked too. I wouldn't worry about it. In my family, I'd be more worried about the constant teasing and ribbing that would probably go on for years with this kind of incident. My family is like that. :slight_smile:

6. 94nat

Nothing was mentioned tonight. I feel relieved to say the least! Thanks all for your comments. I'm sitting here tonight however in boxers typing this and will sleep tonight with them on! I haven't sleep walked for a long time and I don't know what made me do it last night?????? I might of had something on my mind, I just don't know!

7. Kimi

Glad to hear that you are no longer worrying about it by now(*hug*)

In my opinion, sleeping in pj's are much gayer than sleeping naked...:grin:

8. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    lol, seriously mate don't worry about it. I know alot of straight guys who sleep naked too. If it's your bed where's the harm??

As for the sleepwalking, don't worry... just hope you don't sleep talk... then you might have to out yourself!

9. Double Dubya

The same thing happend to me except mum came to wake me up for school and I was sprawled out on the washer and dryer bare-naked. She saved me the embarassment and went back to the kitchen and dropped a big pot in the sink so I would wake up and sneek of. I never realized that she new untill a few years later when it came up, it was funny to me, in the end, not embarassing. Dont worry, it sounds like everything is going to be fine.

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your family's probably seen you naked before so I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to sleep naked, sleep naked. Like... why not? (Unless you sleepwalk really frequently and find that too embarrassing.) I would never thing someone was gay because they slept naked. Those are two things totally not connected in my mind.

11. 94nat

Last night and the night before I went to bed with a pair of boxers on but I couldn't get to sleep. I've been so use to sleeping in the buff for so long I just keep tossing and turning for what seem like hours so I ended up taking my boxers off and putting them behind the bed-head. I went off to sleep really quick after that and didn't wake up until about 8AM. I found it real uncomfortable waking up in the morning with a boner wearing boxers! :tantrum:
    I haven't had a sleep walk before the other night for a long period and I think that something must of been on my mind to make me do it?
    Nothing was said about my naked sleep walk either so I don't think my family think that I'm gay and hopefully it will be forgotten now!

12. I'm sure your secret is safe :thumbsup: