1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That was hard yet great

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kyrtap, Jun 11, 2014.

1. kyrtap

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So yesterday I came out to my best straight guy friend. We hang out all the time, I was tired of feeling like I am not being honest with him, especially since he is always so open with me. We went to our favorite spot on the top of this hill, it is just beautiful perfect spot I figured. I always knew he had strong suspicions and I knew he would be supporting , and yet it was very hard for me to actually say it. I mean i came out to few other friends (mostly female) but always over txt messages or emails, this was my first face to face coming out. It took me like 10 mins to collect myself, my hands were shaking and my heart was beating so fast, and then I finally did it, his response "about time" lol. He told me he knew for a long time, and that it has never been and issue. oh god it was such a relief, it felt so good. I feel we got a lot closer as friends. We hang out the rest of the day then I went out to a gay bar I recently started going to, and had a great time. On my way home I could not stop smiling, what a wonderful day. :icon_bigg

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome stuff! Well done for telling him!!

3. Jason29

Well done its nice when things go right.

4. girlpower

reading your awesome day gave me a nice feeling:slight_smile:

5. kyrtap

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you everyone. He even found me a four leaf clover after that lol, I will never forget that day.