1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I wait?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Countrygirl545, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Countrygirl545

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    After a lot of thinking over the past month or so I'm certain I'm a lesbian and am ready to come out...I was thinking it might be a good idea to wait till I'm in a relationship to tell my friends and family or should I just tell them now so it won't be as big of a surprise when I do tell them :slight_smile: thanks a bunch

2. Derivative

Derivative Guest

It's entirely up to you, if you are ready to come out and feel comfortable in doing so then go for it :slight_smile:

How is your family and friends' attitude in general towards LGBT people?

3. Countrygirl545

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Parents are ok..brother I don't think accepts it..not sure about the rest of the family

4. Derivative

Derivative Guest

Maybe talk to your parents about it first, and ask them to keep quiet about it. Good luck to you :slight_smile:

5. roryoswinpond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I told my closest friend first to help me feel more comfortable about myself. If you have someone who you're close to and trust (whether it be family or friend) I would tell them. If you're ready, take it slowly, tell them one by one so you don't feel overwhelmed.
    Good luck :slight_smile:

6. UsagiChan

I questioned for over a year, and 2 months ago I accepted that I am a lesbian. My friends all know about it, but my family are yet to know. If you're absolutely certain though, I'd say go for it! We all wish you the best of luck :slight_smile: