1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to do when a girl likes you... but youre gay.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jroakwood, Apr 16, 2007.

1. jroakwood

yeah. so basically thats my question.
    what do i do?

this girl likes me and is going to ask me out.
    but im gay.
    so i obviously dont like her.
    but the problem is my best friend is pressuring me hard to go out with her.
    because im not out.
    what do i do?
    cause im planning on coming out this summer.
    what do i say so as not to hurt her feelings?

rawr. i hate when this happens. :icon_sad:

oh btw.
    im new to EC.
    so hello to everyone.
    :smilewave

2. c_jayo6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi...welcome to EC

My advice: If ur not comfortable coming out to her just tell her your not interested. That you see her as just a friend. Its gotten me out of the same situation a few times.

Good Luck

3. xequar

I know it might be hard, but I think telling her the truth and coming out to her might be the best idea here. If you tell her the truth, you won't seem like you're dodging her or playing hard to get, and although it might hurt her feelings a bit now, just imagine how bad it would be if you told her later and she had grown even more fond of you?

I was actually in the same boat not all that long ago... A friend of mine had a big crush on me and really wanted to go out with me and stuff. I just kind of tried to dodge her for awhile, but I think that just made it worse. When I finally started coming out to everyone, I told her, and it hurt her a bit, I think, but she understood, too.

I wish you the best of luck, whatever you decide to do!

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would go for "I'm just not into you that way." It's completely true and it's something that could definitely be true even if you were straight.

As for your best friend, tell him to back the fuck off! Friends aren't supposed to pressure us, they're supposed to support us. If you've told him you're not interested, then he needs to accept that and move on.

5. Kimi

Well, since I'm bi I don't usually have this problem so I don't know if this will help you but I'm just gonna say it anyways:lol:

What about ask her to go out(Be sure to make it clear that it is not a date to her), and tell her the truth that you are gay...and also tell her to do not tell anyone.

Though I'm guessing she is not gonna keep her mouth shut...But it totally depends on who she is so what can I say?

Or you can just tell her that you are not interested in her that way. It sounds bit harsh but like you said you are planning to come out this summer so I'm thinking she is gonna understand.

Big welcome and good luck(*hug*)