1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to husband, need advice.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Christine73, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Christine73

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am a 41 year old female. I've known I liked women since I was 14. I came out as bi at 21 (thinking that would be easier for my family to accept) but went back in the closet a year later. I don't understand why I did that. That year was my happiest. I felt more comfortable with myself then than at any other time in my life. My problem now is that I've been married to a man for 7 years. I came out to him 3 weeks ago but he still wants to be with me. He totally doesn't understand and I don't know how to make him understand. He is a great guy and I feel terrible about hurting him. I also don't want to lose my best friend. I have told no one else that I'm gay except my therapist (who I'm seeing because I am depressed and anxiety ridden over this). I know there are others who have been through this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi Christine73, welcome to EC. :slight_smile: I haven't been through this sort of situation, so I can only imagine the conflicting feelings you must be having. I suggest you repost this in the LGBT Later in Life section, many members who post there have been, or still are in hetero-marriages, and could offer you their perspectives. I hope you'll find the advice you need, you're in the right place here at EC!