1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dont Look At Me, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Dont Look At Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so my friend wanted me to post this on my account for her because she didn't want anyone to know it was her.

Okay so... here is her "problem".

She has been going out with this guy for a little over 3 months, and she has only seen him once. When she tries to make plans with him, he either doesn't show up, says he has other plans, or backs out at the last minute. Funny thing is, anytime he doesn't go, all he does is sit on the computer all day.

She just wants to know what she can do to tell him how she feels about this. She doesn't want to talk to him because she doesn't want to feel clingy. And she doesn't feel comfortable talking to him.

Help? Anyone?

2. -Michael-

Its not clingyness...

if he's being an arse standing her up he should be told.

And she should really consider moving on if he's not making the effort.

Oh and tell your 'friend' :wink: (joke) that theres always the anonymous section so asking other people to post will be a THING OF THE PAST :slight_smile:

3. Dont Look At Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She usually does post in the anonymous section, but never gets help, so we thought we'd try this.

4. Chris

It, just from my point of view that he's seeing someone. Also, just out of curiosity,ummm.... is your friend the easiest thing to look at, i don't want to cause trouble with this question i'm just trying to help.

5. Henrike

^ :confused:

I've always found straight-up answers to be better than constant questions. I'm not sure whether he's just humble or lacks interest in the relationship, but either way, I think it's best to confront him about it. It's been 3 months; Only one sighting makes him sound more like Bigfoot. Of course, chatting with him is easier said than done, since your friend seems to be a bit shy towards confrontation. Perhaps have some other friends ask him about the relationship?

#5 Henrike, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  6. Jim1454

What does she have to lose? She's beeing going out with him for 3 months and is already unhappy with how they interact...

Relationships need honesty! She needs to speak her mind and say what she's not happy with. She needs to express how SHE FEELS. Not attack him, criticize, or suggest he do anything different, but just express that when he stays home on his computer, she feels sad, because she would like to spend more time with him.

7. panda

I don't understand. Going out, to me implies that they actually "Go Out",that is, they go to a movie,walk on the beach,share a milkshake,hold hands,smooch. These things are going out.
    So basically it's an internet relationship,They're not really "Going OUT"

Then do what Jim says. Time to make a move.