1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling my brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Derivative, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Derivative

Derivative Guest

I am really struggling with telling my brother that I am gay.

We have the average brotherly relationship where all we do is insult each other all the time, but we are so close and the worst case scenario I can imagine is where we would never speak again after telling him, or even worse not being allowed to see his children. He has asked me in the "I'm being serious way" if I am gay or not, but I've denied it, and he always tells me that my wedding will be a gay one :rolle:. So in a way, I think he knows.

Should I just go for it and tell him?

I personally don't think he'd care, he'd joke about it to me but that's it. After telling him I don't think I'd care what anyone else had to say and I would be happy to start dating :eusa_danc

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Slope Of A Tangent Line :wave: (sorry couldn't resist :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:),

I say: Go ahead and tell him! I mean he has asked you in a "serious way" before and I mean, you really don't have anything to lose :slight_smile:

3. Derivative

Derivative Guest

Someone had to catch on to the username (!) :icon_bigg

But, thank you for your reply. I'm going to say now, I will go for it (since I've had a bit to drink).

I will update this thread tomorrow with his reply :slight_smile:

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    haha math major here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But, anyway, good luck!! Hope all goes well (*hug*)

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hope it all goes well when you tell him. Will keep checking for your update.

6. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I think you should tell your brother. Since you guys are so close it obvious he loves you so just do it. But if your not ready then don't but if you are, then do it.

7. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He has obviously figured it out already and accepted it, so you are the only person being held back from what you need to do by not telling him openly. He is probably going to kid you about it for a while, because that is what brothers do, but once you are honest with him and tell him, there is nothing more to say about it, and you will be free to openly date without hiding your sexuality from him.

8. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of my best friends and I were running a charity refreshments stall, he found a pink sweet and handed it to me smiling and said "this one's for you..." I replied with "is this a hint then?..." he replied "yes". I told him later on but yeah some people just want you to know they have worked it out and encourage you to be comfortable with them which is what my friend did to me.