1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: "I asked my roommate if he's gay..."

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EmptyClosets, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmptyClosets

Admin Team Full Member

EC Staff had to make the difficult decision to remove the thread "I asked my roommate if he's gay..." which was posted by the member Rarareva and was not what it seemed. Our investigation revealed that the story described by the member was a work of fiction. The OP also fictionalized aspects of who they themselves were, and has been banned.

We know that a lot of community members took inspiration from the original post and from the subsequent replies. However, on a forum that is built on authenticity, and provides a safe space for every member, there is no place for fictional coming out stories or life events. The staff constantly monitors the content posted here, and we take fictional or inauthentic posts and representations very seriously.

We are sorry for having to take this action, but we hope that you will continue to find inspiration in other coming out stories, and members' experiences.

If you have questions or concerns, or feel it has an impact on you, we invite you to post in Ask The Staff, and staff will help and answer questions/concerns in the best way we can. Please note however that we will not be able to reveal any further details on the matter.

EC Staff

Richard321 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.