1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The idea of coming out makes me uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DominoSuis, Jun 14, 2014.

1. DominoSuis

So at this point, I'm still a bit unsure on my sexuality... but I know that for the time being, I experience some form of attraction for all genders - just in different ways.

My problem is, the idea of coming out to anyone - openly saying "I'm gay" or "I'm bisexual" or whatever - is not only utterly terrifying, but makes me feel uncomfortable. The first one I can understand (since fear of rejection is a big thing for me) but being uncomfortable? It makes me afraid that I'm NOT gay/bisexual/into girls. But I want to be so...

Any advice on this? And coming out in general? Do I need more time to mull this over?

2. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I totally get what you are going through, same situation here. Currently only one person knows that I'm questioning my sexuality, my cousin. Just thinking about shouting it out loud, or even telling it to myself also makes me uncomfortable.

I believe it is because of the reaction. Even thinking of telling my mother, the other person I totally trust, makes me feel strange. I am still questioning but I'm afraid that she or anyone else will label me as just "gay" instead of "maybe bisexual"

Don't worry about it. If it comes out naturally say it. If it doesn't wait for the right moment. At least that's how I feel I/you/everyone should do it.

#2 DeviantAttitude, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    your right deviant, both of you should just wait

4. DominoSuis

Thanks guys. It's reassuring to hear I'm not alone in this. I was feeling paranoid there for a moment.