1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my longtime college friend today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by QueerTransEnby, Jun 14, 2014.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Coming out to my longtime college friend today that I've known since 2002 when we were freshman. Wish me luck.

2. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good luck! Since you are long time friends don't worry about his reaction.

3. canoflife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good luck! Hope it goes (and it probably will since you've been friends for long) well :slight_smile:

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, it went well. My other friend was there too. Both ladies handled it well. The main core of my college group was me and 4 ladies. The three ladies that are still here in the general area have been constant friends. Two out of the 3 met up with me on campus at our alma mater after a clean up day for alumni volunteers. The one who I thought would take it the hardest was very matter of fact about. She just said, "Ok." Then started talking about one of the buildings. I was shocked and said, "You're not freaked out?" "Why would I be freaked out, we've known each other 12 years. It doesn't change anything." The other one was shocked and said, "Really?" and asked respectfully how it jives with my faith. I explained about the various Scriptures and how they have been misinterpreted. She seemed troubled, but I asked her if we were good as friends and she said "we're good."