1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review what I'm gonna say/send

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Goster, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Goster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, this is what I'm gonna text or say to my best friend. My brother has a huge friend group and after they let me into the group, one of them has become more trustworthy and overall nicer than all of them, so this is what I'm gonna tell him, because I trust him.

First off, you have to understand that I don't have many friends in my grade. I used to be bullied, because I was overweight, and now that I've grown 5" and traded the fat for muscle, people just ignore me instead of picking on me. I do have some friends in my grade, but I'm not really close with any of then.

Second off, could you please assure me that after I tell you this, that you won't stop being my friend, I know that you're accepting, but I need to know. I don't really have any good friends to fall back on, so I do want to stay in your guys friend group, even if I'm seen as my brother's little brother.

Third, I trust you the most, out of everyone in the group. You've always been the nicest to me and you hopefully won't hold this over my head, like some of then would.

After he answers if I can trust him, I'll send him this.

I've been having I fake a smile, cause I've been semi depressed, and it's been on and off, but sometimes I slip and you guys have seen me depressed. The other day, you guessed exactly why I was acting so sad, but I denied it. Please keep this a secret for now, but I am gay.

I just want to know if it would be good, or if I can change anything.

2. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Looks good. I would say go ahead, send it. Be sure to think on his reply, because that might tell you if he is indeed trust worthy. Another thing does your brother know? Can he back you up in case something goes wrong?

3. Goster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My brother doesn't know. I feel like he's one of those people that might let it slip, or use it against me.

4. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That is unfortunate, but if you feel his friend wont tell anyone go ahead and just say it. Trust me, it will make you feel much better.

5. Goster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, unexpectantly, I am oung to the movies with him tonight, so wish me luck, hope I don't choke up.

6. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good luck, and most important Have FUN! Don't feel pressured. Get his attention and just say it.

7. Goster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My brother asked him, and he said he was gonna see the same movie tommorrow, I don't know if he's avoiding me cause I told him we had to talk, but instead I went with my brother and another really good friend. I came so close, but every opportunity to tell him, it gets turned away.

8. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should be more direct. Don't give people the opportunity to let you down by avoiding you.

Just send him a text saying "I'm gay" and let him have whatever emotions he's going to have about that. If you suspect things might go badly, reconsider why you want to come out to this person right now. (It's important to build a safety net of accepting allies when coming out to more difficult people)