1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to boyfriend..?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MermaidMotel, Jun 14, 2014.

1. MermaidMotel

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always had an attraction to girls, but I've always tossed it aside thinking it was just "girl crushes". About 3 years ago, I had my first experience with a girl and started to consider myself bi. I never told anyone though. Recently, I've been doing a lot of thing and have concluded that I am a homoromantic bisexual, meaning I hold sexual attractions to both men and women but I only want to be with a women romantically. I want to start dating women but I have a boyfriend. I started dating this guy two years ago, and while he's been a good friend, he isn't really the best boyfriend. We'll go a long while without talking and he lives an hour away so that has put more strain on it. Even through all this I can tell he is deeply in love with me. It freaks me out because I love him as a friend, but I'm not IN love with him.

I'm wondering how to come out to him? I don't want to wait to much longer because it's selfish of me to stay with him even when I know we have no future together.

#1 MermaidMotel, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014