1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Stuck

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Natalie S, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Natalie S

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi. I am in a place in coming out where I do not know what to do next. I have already told close family members (parents, siblings, etc.) and a couple of friends that I am bisexual. I believe that I may be gay but I have never been in a relationship with a girl so I am not completely sure yet.

I think that I am ready to be in a relationship with a girl, but I don't know how to meet anybody. I don't know if I should come out to more people at my high school so they can tell me of anybody that they know who is gay. I don't know if it would be better to do this or to start dating somebody and have people find out that way.

I am just so confused and stuck. I don't know who else to tell even if I do decide to come out to others. I was also considering going to a local support group, but I don't know if I'm ready to just walk into a room full of people that I don't know and tell them that I am bisexual.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Undertow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you feel comfortable with it, I would definitely suggest a local support group.

In my experience, groups like that at LGBT community centers (or whatever you wish to call them...different names for different places) are quite helpful, and it's a very safe environment. I go to one myself once a month, and the people there are incredibly friendly and accepting.

It's quite likely (if not certain) that you'll meet people who are struggling with the same stuff as you, trying to figure out exactly how they identify and how they want to handle coming out to certain people.

3. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I've been to a pride summit, I was nervous to tell people my sexual orientation, but I realized I wasn't no different from them. They were probably nervous too. You have to feel comfortable to tell people your sexual orientation and to date someone. Don't feel pressured to come out.

4. Natalie S

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the advice. Are there usually teenagers at these meetings too? The ones in my town are for people 25 years old and under. I am only 15 so I was wondering if there have been people around my age at the meetings you have attended.

5. Undertow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are usually people in their 20s and 30s at the one I go to, but there have definitely been teenagers there. It bugs me that some of these groups have age restrictions, honestly...it makes a sort of sense on one hand, but there are a ton of people in their teens who need support, too.

6. Natalie S

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I mean I get that they want people to be at similar stages in their lives, but I don't think there should be definite restrictions. I know that it is 25 and under but I don't know if there is a minimum age limit. Hopefully there isn't. I will look into it and maybe I will try to go to one of the meetings. Thanks again for the advice!

7. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

There were only High School students, parents and teachers who came to the pride summit.

8. girlpower

Hi. tell other ppl in your school only if you are comfortable doing so not in the hope to meet someone special. for that you can join online forums and go to lgbt cafe & bars/ or as said above best would be to join a support group, which is the safest.