1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to my best friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Synthetic Heart, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Synthetic Heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've recently identified myself as bisexual ( leaning towards homosexual ), and i've been attracted to my friend who i've known for about 14 years...

I came out and told him I was gay, he didn't seem to mind; He's Asexual.

I just don't know how to tell him how I feel...

2. Karabeara

You said he's asexual. That means that if he liked you too and your relationship got serious you would have to deal with the fact that he probably won't want to have sex with you ever. There's also the fact that you'd be risking the friendship telling him how you feel. So if you still think its worth it sit him down and just tell him that you've developed more than friend feelings for him. Tell him that you understand if he doesn't like you back you just wanted to be honest. That's an idea anyways. Good luck and I'm sure you'll make the right decision. :goodluck:

3. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't give you any solutions, but I empathise.... I have been in love with a close friend for about a year. It's a tricky place to be.... I value the friendship highly and don't want to ruin it. He knows how I feel and unfortunately he does not feel the same way back....he loves me as a friend, but he's not in love with me. I try to appreciate our friendship for what it is.... but it's difficult. I wish you the best of luck.

4. Synthetic Heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's what i'm afraid of! Even if he is asexual... That won't stop me from loving him, and if he loves me back then that's even better.
    I've been IM'ing him over skype the past few hours but I haven't brought 'that' up yet; I'm going to hang out with him at the mall today, and I plan on breaking it to him there.

It is a bad situation, I feel you so much... I'm afraid that if I tell him, and he doesn't like me back... Our relationship will end, and I don't want.
    I also wish you the best of luck.