1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Like It

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Midnight Angel, Apr 17, 2007.

1. I'm new here and while i find it inspirational, i hold the view of the minority. I don't like being gay. Not at all. Since dating doesnt interest me there's no real point is there? So i just tend to lock it away like a don't ask don't tell type of thing. Since like i said i don't plan on dating it's the best way to handle it i think. Agree? Disagree? All comments welcome:icon_bigg

2. Daniel6

i always tell my friends that i'm focusing on studying and dont want to date yet. im still in the closet

3. That's cool.I have this thing where i can't be close to anyone though. Since i can't there isn't any point in me telling anyone anyway cause it isn't like i wanna act out on it.

4. Micah

Forgive me for asking, but if you dont feel you can be close to anyone...how exactly would this differ if you were straight - and if it wouldnt be different, why do you hate being gay?

5. well it would be the same. I dont like it cause its something thats just there. I virtually repress it. Id rather be neutral (for lack of a better word) neither one nor the other.

6. Also there are alot of people who get depressed from not telling people but ive never felt that way. I'm perfectly happy ignoring it. If you don't like it it doesn't matter right

7. Im not sure if it's bad to keep it vehemently secretive but if it works why not

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    As long as you are happy, then it doesn't really matter. At some point in your life though there may be somebody who "WOWS" you and you might change your mind.

9. Thanks becky:icon_bigg although i am stubborn (inherent in my family) and the latter part is extremely unlikely but you never know

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if you don't like but are perfectly happy ignoring it, I'd have to ask the obvious question: why are you here, in this forum? Because this forum is all about being gay, right?

Doesn't seem like you're ignoring it all that effectively if you're interacting here with all us other gay and gay-positive folk. :eusa_danc

And in a related vein, if you want to be neutral about it, just be neutral about it. No one's stopping you from just being gay without being gay being a big deal.

11. well its like they say even if you dont want to be you are. Thats why im here:icon_bigg. Plus im trying to think of a better word than neutral. Isnt working though

12. Plus its very hard to be neutral when the feeling's still there. Boy I need better methods of repression

13. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Or you could try dating! *grin*

Or at least jacking off... :grin:

14. hahaha id be a terrible dater

15. Chuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're genuinely happy not telling people then that's fine. I was like that for years. You might find one day though that things change. About a month ago I woke up one morning and just went "Why?" No idea what triggered it. I told a friend yesterday and she seemed to take it ok. Was a bit quiet but I think she probably needs a bit of time to absorb it since apparently she had no idea. Never would have dreamed two months ago that anyone would know - at that stage I thought I'd be keeping it a secret forever.

16. Zec24

EmperorDJT, I may be wrong, but I think the word you are looking for to replace nuetral would be "asexual". I guess it would solve a lot of your problems. I thought I might be asexual for a while b/c I had no interest in dating anybody, but as Becky mentioned, that changed. You could check out www.asexuality.org. good site much like EC.

17. Well i at least i hope i can keep it a secret forever. I don't think anyone needs to know although you may be right. That could happen one day. Zec i think you're right thats the word i needed. Thanks:icon_bigg

18. 94nat

I'm still in the closet. I have a close school friend that I've slept with a few times but I don't think that he's gay? I turned 13 about 3 months ago and feel that I'm not ready yet to tell anyone. One of my friends thinks that I'm gay.

19. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah you gotta kinda wait until you're ready and until you feel comfortable about it yourself. Or at least more comfortable/as comfortable as possible.

20. All these people who come out to people im like pssh never doing that!:icon_bigg