1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out bisexual/fluid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fourth, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Fourth

Is it better to come out as exclusively gay to religious friends/family who may otherwise cling to the idea that I still have feelings for women because it's God's spirit or some such trying to help me overcome my unnatural temptations? I imagine, in this way, I can be sure they know there's no point hoping I'll reform and then maybe ease them into the idea that girls are actually still okay later when they get more used to the idea I like guys.

Alternatively, I can see the hazard this poses as people formerly believing I'm gay hear I'm not exclusively gay will feel lied to for good reason or may just think I'm just wishy washy or am just faking it to get a rise out of people. It would also be more confusing for them and difficult for me, as it means I kind of have to come out twice.

What do you think?

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel the need to come out with a label, it is probably best to pick the one which is closest to accurately describing yourself at the present time; "questioning" is also a label, if you aren't sure how you feel.

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You come out as however you feel comfortable

4. Tracks

I think maybe you have to tell people what they need to know in a language they understand.

5. Fourth

It's not the label that bugs me. I don't feel like any of the labels I've explored fit me just right (as I expect is the case with most people), and I'm okay with that. I'm just wondering if anyone here has had an experience where a label made coming out easier for friends/family or if possibly the opposite is more correct.