1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out, gradually

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hcw, Jun 17, 2014.

1. hcw

hcw

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i am a gay ftm, and haven't told anyone. i have struggled with my sexuality for a long time, and gender even longer, but now it feels right. i dress and look how i want to, i have to bind and pack but I'm getting used to how that feels and don't mind it for now. i wanted to put this out there and seek a bit of advice from other ftm's who have come out after a long time.
    appreciate the guidance.

2. Najlen

I'm not FtM, but I don't think it would be any different than coming out as anything else. Find an ccepting person that you trust who can be there for you ajd help you the rest of the way. If you bind and pack + wear masculine clothes already, I don't think very many people will be terribly surprised. Good luck!

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out before I binded and/or packed. In fact, I still don't bind and/or pack, but that's mostly because my parents won't like it.

Like Grey Wanderer said, if you're already comfortable with the binding and packing process, I don't think people will be terribly surprised. My sister told me she already had an idea because I kept identifying as male online, so, yeah.

As for your sexuality, it's quite the same as coming out for your gender identity. Just go out there and kick uncertainty in the ass - you can do it! But, like many others say, do it when you're comfortable. Or, if you think you'll never feel comfortable, do it when you're the least stressed. It also helps some people to have an ally support them, so come out to the most accepting person first and ask them to help you. Otherwise, you can do it solo and that's quite alright.

Best of luck!

4. hcw

hcw

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for the support