1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trannie help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Miles D, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Miles D

Okay... so I have just entered college, and am *finally* being seen as male & going by Miles.

Problem is, most but not all people use male pronouns. Which is better than none, but how can I politely say to people that I prefer male pronouns if I hear them say "she" right in front of me? :help:

Because it just happened... I was outside playing cello, and this girl goes "yeah, isn't she great?" :eusa_doh: (or something) and I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING!!! And it made me feel like shit.

(On a happier note, though, during a class-wide presentation about Sex & Consent I asked a sort of silly question, and a male senior answered me with "When in doubt, pull out!", a.k.a. he thought I had a dick) :icon_bigg

2. myra

I would just say "Hey...I'm I guy." Though I'm not really fully understanding of the trannie thing, I'm guessing that's how you see yourself. And if that's how you want people to see you, then tell them that. Just correct them and say "I'm a guy."

3. Miles D

>>I'm not really fully understanding of the trannie thing<<

anything I could clear up/ help you understand??
    any questions you have? haha id be happy to answer any...

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "Excuse me? I'm male"

If they refuse to use male pronouns, or if they continue to use female ones to taunt you, they probably aren't worth being around.

5. Miles D

Well, my college is incredibly liberal... like extremely. So acceptance isn't really what it's about... it's more that I feel really awkward when I have to say that.
    It's not that I personally feel embarrassed, but it's more that I'm embarrassed for the other person that screwed up. You know?

Thanks!! I'm just going to say it, flat out next time.

6. Jace

well what i think he means about not understanding is are you a woman living as a man or are you on hormones and... and without breasts or

i can understand if its the first and people say she, but if its the second then its actually kinda rude of them

7. TriBi

Why not - I think of myself as a guy - I hope you can do the same and refer to me as "he".

8. silentsound

I think you just politely say "um, he" when someone refers to you as "she"

9. BrianCB

Be grateful most people refer to you by your preferred gender. You are indeed a female by birth, so don't take that out on people who are COMPLIMENTING your cello playing.

10. Miles D

Haha... I know, and I agree.
    Sometimes I really don't feel like mentioning it, because I don't want it to take away or distract from the conversation, or whatever.

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree...less is more. You can get the point across very simply and still get it across. When I met my first transgender person I screwed up and called her a "him". Before she could say anything, I apologized and corrected myself. It was embarrassing but she just looked at me, smiled and said thank you. We're still friends. She's since had a sexual reassignment surgery.