1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out in a huge family.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by candylady, Jun 17, 2014.

1. candylady

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A bit of my family background.

I have 2 older brothers in my family and my mom has 2 older sisters and each of them have 3 - 4 kinds... and my dad is the second youngest in his family. He has an older sister. 4 younger brothers and 5 younger sisters. Each of his siblings has 4 - 5 kids in the family. Which means I have many cousins.

My parents run businesses in some countries.. I am currently helping out my parents at one of their company.

At my workplace, I met a lady. She is beautiful. We hit it off immediately. We even went a little public until it gotten to a point where people are suspecting if we are together.

Now, my issues is coming out in a huge family like this. How to handle this? I really not sure..

2. Najlen

I can see how that could be an issue. My family is also large, though not as large as yours, the adults all tend to fight (though never seriously, or for very long) about rather inconsequentiall things, such as pancake mix. Yes, that one actually happened. My best advice to you is to start small; pick the member of your fmily who will be the most accepting, and come out to them. Have them promise not to tell anyone or talk about it until you give the ok. Your next step, when you are ready, would be to find another person or small group of people and come out to them, and so on and so forth. This may or may not work for you, I don't know much about your family, but I hope it helps.

3. candylady

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Man! Such a great help!