1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One in a million...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by silentsound, Aug 23, 2008.

1. silentsound

So I'm gay. I know that, I have accepted it, I even told someone. It is fine, I don't really care that much anymore. I know who I am and I love women.

The thing is, there is one boy. Only one. He is quite honestly without a doubt the sweetest guy I have ever met, and I have a little crush on him. It's not quite as strong as my crushes on girls, but it is definitely present (especially when I am around him). It's not quite butterflies and nerves, but I definitely could see myself dating him and would almost like to. We are very close to the point that we sometimes refer to each other as another brother/sister. It is at the point where I am in love with his soul (and he is hot too, although I am not so turned on by that per se, but I definitely appreciate it =D) Last night at a sleepover we ended up falling asleep in each other's arms... and when I woke up I was just totally content being there.

He is the only guy I am really attracted to, which is confusing me. I mean, maybe I'm bi? Except I don't like men in general... just this one. Has anyone else been in this situation? I just don't know what to think...

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've said this alot but it is not important to label yourself. What is more important is that you like spending time with this boy so just go with your feelings.

3. What you're describing is basically what happened to my friend's sister. She's gay too but she's currently dating a guy. Sexual orientation is very complex. Just because you like a guy doesn't mean you have to rush out and say you're bi now. She even said the same thing, she was like just because I'm dating a guy now doesn't mean I'm going to rush out and say I'm bi. The general thing I would say to you is, if you manage to find love in someone then go for it. Don't be bound by labels. Just because you like this guy doesn't pose a threat to your gayness, nor should it mean you have to revise how you identify.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! The feelings you are experiencing are normal and are a part of trying to figure out who you are. As Becky and Midnight Angel have mentioned, try not to label yourself at this stage. Sexual identities are fluid. They can change over time. It is possible that you have feelings for guys at some level. The time that you spent with him, might have have been just enough for you to realize that there might be another side to you. Over time, the feelings that you are experiencing might get stronger, or it might just stay the same or weaken again. What I mean here is that we can form attachments to girls/guys at different levels, which is perfectly normal. Don't be afraid to explore all the feelings that you have. The more you do that, the securer and more comfortable you will become about yourself.

I hope this helps!

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Before you try to jump into a label, spend some more time observing your own behaviors and getting a better feel for who you are. It might takes months, or years, but it's better to be certain than to come out and then realize something different later on.

6. otc877

otc877 Guest

Sounds like something I went through in the 9th grade... so, around your age. I knew I was gay, but there was this one girl who caught my eye. We had so much fun together, she was so easy to talk to, while I never really found her physically attractive, I could see myself dating her. That got me to thinking about what we would do if we were dating, I could see myself holding her hands, sharing kisses and what not. But, what I never could see myself doing was "going all the way" with her, mostly because she's a woman :slight_smile:

Would you sleep with him? Fun question from a perfect stranger, right?

7. Jim1454

(Sorry I'm about to burst your bubble, but...)

Is it possible that he's gay?

8. silentsound

I am about 99% sure he's not. In fact (this shows just how brother/sister our relationship is) about a year and a half ago he and another good friend of mine who was his first girlfriend were just starting to really flirt and begin the early stages of their relationship when, long story short, I ended up in a room with him and two other girls and we taught him how to kiss.

Maybe he's gay, who knows? I mean, it's not like I've never hooked up with/ dated a guy before... but right now I would guess not. I would really like it if he was though... not exactly sure why...