1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Aug 23, 2008.

1. hoping

Its really interesting, everything was great up until last tuesday when shit happened with that guy i wrote about here a few days ago and it seems like all these problems that end up coming into my life are about guys and up until a month ago i was incredibly romantic and loving and passionate but i cant find any of that in me anymore and its like i dont really care none of its there anymore.
    I have spent my entire life almost trying to make other people feel good about themselves, for example the guy i thought i loved and i sort of still want to be with, its just one thing after another hes 29 years old and i helped him through the shit with his ex when he used to go on about this guy doesnt say what he feels and now he doesnt say what he feels and now just when he and i were going to start going out the bastard ex comes back and wants to be fuck buddies.
    Then this guy came to me and asked me out and 2 weeks later he decied that he likes being single to much.
    I have thought so much in my head and i have come up with these questions.

A. If steve wants me instead of his ex how could i trust him not to cheat on me?

B.If Shay decided he wanted a relationship and it was with me how do i know that he wont change his mind and suddenly say '' i want to be single again''?

C. Are guys even worth all the trouble that seems to keep happening?

D. Should i just focus of work and studying and working out and forget about guys all together?

These questions go over and over in my head and yet there are no answers.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there! I don't think you should forget about guys all together, but I think what might help you is if you take a break from it. You have been through a lot, and maybe it is time that you just try concentrating on your life for a while. Try to focus on your studies, and on the things you like to do. Try to get some distance from all what happened.

Sometimes we have to go through these kinds of experiences until we find the right person to be with. Even though the experiences have been hard, you will be able to find someone. You have probably learned quite a few things as a result, which you can use towards your next experience. These kinds of experiences make as stronger.

As Jim in an earlier thread indicated, try not to attach yourself to someone to soon. Before you decide on someone, try to get to know him and make sure that he feels the same way about you the way you feel about him. After a while when you are completely sure about the guy then take it to the next level as it were.

You know that you deserve so much better. Try not to think about them anymore. Move on as best as you can. Concentrate on your life for a change. When you think that you are ready to try again, give it a try. I know you can do it.

I hope this helps!

3. Louise

4. Jim1454

Yes... I did post in one of your threads just the other day... and you didn't comment or respond. Do you want help? Or would you rather I ignored your threads?

That sounds harsh, but I don't respond to threads for the good of my own health. I respond because I think I'm helping. So if you don't think what I've posted makes sense for you, I'd rather you say so instead of ignoring it! Because you've now posted ANOTHER thread that is essentially on the same topic...

So here's my previous answer - somewhat out of context because it was in response to a differently worded thread: