1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My partner needs to pick

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bori1979, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Bori1979

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I been with my partner for 4 yrs now she is my first. Her parents just confronted her if she is lesbian she thinks is my fault why her parents find out so she have anger torse me. I think she has to pick between us or her family. How can I help her or support her.

2. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Now, I don't know how her parents are. Although, if they aren't really homophobic, I would try to convince her to come out.

If they are homophobic, and you're both older with a risk of her getting kicked out, I would convince her to come out, and if she were to get kicked out she can live with you. (Sorry, don't know how old you are!)

If she isn't ready to come out, tell her to work around the question. Say things like "I just can't find anyone yet" or something along those lines.

Hinting it is also a good way to warm things up...

I'm sorry that I couldn't give 100% on point advice!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! :slight_smile:

I think it would be important for your partner to recognize that it isn't your fault for her parents to find out, and it is something you need to speak with her about (if you haven't done so already). She shouldn't throw her anger at you. In some respects, it is really just a matter of time before her parents would have found out - having kept it hidden from her parents for four years is pretty good nevertheless.

Did she let you know as to whether her parents are supportive? What are the reasons as to why she hasn't come out to her parents as of yet, and kept the relationship 'hidden'?

Try to be there for her, and offer her your support - that is all you can do at this point.