1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by canwetalk, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Is he gay?

1. Straight

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bisexual

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. canwetalk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so let's just get into this.My name is Jack. The boy I'm posting about is named Harry. I've known him for about a year. Harry tells me just about everything. I've always been a little suspicious about him. But anyways he tells me everything and the other night he was having panic attacks and a bit of a mental breakdown. I got scared so I went over to his house to try and just be there I didn't want him to be alone because I honestly had no idea what he'd do. I went over brought him some food and he calmed down. I didn't drill him too much because I didn't want to stress him out anymore and wanted Harry to relax. He told me he lost his virginity last week with a girl he's known for a while. Later that morning (I was there for about a full 24 hours lol) the girl came over she seemed nice her name was Mary. She knew who I was and I didn't even know she existed until Harry told me she was coming over lol. Mary said they were dating and Harry said they weren't. She seemed like a nice girl she seemed fine. Harry went upstairs to go shower and change and she just flat out asked me about Harry and I didn't really know what to say so all I said was he's a good guy you've just got to be careful he's sensitive (he doesn't show it but he is). The fact that she was asking me about him when apparently she's been good friends with him for a few years was weird to me. Later that morning Harrys friend came over his name was Alex. Alex and Mary were literally all over each other the entire time. If you didn't know you'd think Alex and Mary were supposed to be dating. Harry literally ignored Mary the entire time and I felt bad for her so I ended up talking to her most of the time when she wasn't play fighting with Alex. We are all 18 and just got out of high school. The three of them live a few towns away from me so they had me look through their yearbook and tell them what I thought of people since I didn't know them. It was really funny but I noticed that Harry was like rubbing my elbow the entire time we were sitting on the couch and I'd randomly catch him staring at me. I hung around just a little longer until Harry seemed ok and then I decided to leave I was absolutely exhausted. I said bye to everyone and Harry said bye to me like I was a stranger I wanted to punch him in the face to be absolutely honest. I walked by Harry's mum on my way out and all she did was hug me and say I was good friend after I told her Harry didn't really have a good night so I came over. She said she was happy he found someone who cares. I honestly have never had a conversation with this woman before that day but she seemed so suspicious of me. Anyways. Let's get to why I'm here. Harry's got massive daddy issues and so does his sister. His mum seems to like me but I didn't meet his dad because he was on a business trip. I think Harry's in the closet. And I believe that even more based on the awkward eye contact, elbow rubbing, the fact that his girlfriend seemed to know a lot about me, and how suspicious everyone was about me lol. His dad is ridiculously ultra conservative. I want advice from people with really conservative parents or anyone who's got something thoughtful or just good advice. I didn't proof read this so just post any questions you've got haha.

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear jack

This is quite the dilemma. Yes I have an ultra conservative father and he was horrible to talk to about my sexual orientation. It has taken him two years to calm down. It takes time. As for your friend. Harry, if he is truly in the closet as you suspect then you must act. When talking to him drop subtle hints about him and gayness in the same sentence. Don't force him to tell you, have him tell you. As for your other friends, not to be offensive but they were being kind of jerks to Harry. With his father make sure you are with him if or when he tells his father. It's important that you have his back. Having a backup person is always handy. I hope I was of some help, if I wasn't ask me anything.

3. canwetalk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well just remember this is my point of view on it though. I honestly don't think he tells them as much as he usually tells me. And his dad issues are just awful. He's got an older sister too and from what she said to me and from what he's told me they really don't like him at all. But he sort of idolizes his dad in a weird way because he doesn't like him. So his dad's definitely in the way. Harry has told me a lot of times I'd be the perfect wife for him lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This father is a massive problem. He could change the battlefield. Most dads can be very harmful. It is best that you protect Harry from his father if it comes to that. Also remember don't force it out of him, let him come out when it's time. Those closets don't just fling open.

5. canwetalk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that haha. I just grew up in a very open family I never had much issue coming out. My dad's very relaxed about and whenever it has come up it's been good with my dad. I think I said though, I haven't met Harry's dad so I don't really know what he'll be like.

6. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then prepare for anything. As I said he can change the whole battlefield. Since you don't know him you are in the unknown. As long as your there if or when he does come out to his father you must be there for him. Or his breakdowns might kick in and he would freak out. He needs a friend he can trust

7. canwetalk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think his mom knows and that's why she was so nice to me. She could probably throw herself into the mix. But I can't say whether or not she would.

8. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it comes to that then I would help personally if I could. Also his father could just be a really nice person and we're over hyping him

9. canwetalk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'll keep you posted I left some clothes at his house I'm going to pick up tomorrow lol. I'll let you know if I see him.

10. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great, if you need anything just let me know and I help in any way I can