1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Try again? Just wait? (Please Help!!)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by supernova, Jun 23, 2014.

1. supernova

Out Status:
    All but family
    :smilewave Hello EC, how's it goin'?

Here is the deal:
    I have a bunch of friends who dont know i'm bi. I decided, sence it is summer, that I should simply send an email, so I did. On saturday. And, of the 5, only one has responded. It is really freaking me out, mostly because I spent a week writing the email, and it took me 15 minutes just to click send. I dont want to seem pesky, but I need to know if they saw the email....

What should I do?? :help: :help: :help:

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear friend

This stuff takes time. The others might be taking it all in. The best thing to do is call them and tell them. Because not many people use email anymore.

3. Captain66

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think direct contact is better. It seems like if you're telling only 5 people, their all close friends to you. I don't think it'd be a bad decision to call them up or plan to meet with them.

4. Really

Some people read emails, get a reply going in their head but don't actually send a reply right away. I've done that. Keep in mind that this is not your ordinary email so may take them longer to formulate their answers. If you can manage to put your attentions to something else for a bit or tell yourself you can't check your email for a day, it might help you calm down a bit.
    Go for a run or bake a cake. Just something else. Good luck.