1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out by letter or talking?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AlexL, Jun 24, 2014.

1. AlexL

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's still early days, but I'm preparing myself to come out to my family (my mom first) basically about the fact that I'm not straight (what everyone thought) and the fact that I feel really uncomfortable being a girl, I've always wished I was born a boy.
    The problem is that I know how painful it can be to family members and even sometimes to friends, and because of that I want to come out in a way that doesn't hurt them too much. I was considering writting a letter because I just cant to it face to face. Any other ideas or advice? :confused:

2. BethLauren

There are tons of ways you could do it. My friend sent me a text (while he was sitting next to me) and sent our other friends a long message on facebook. A letter might be good, sometimes writing things down makes it easier, keeps you from rambling. If you're comfortable with just writing them a letter and handing it to them, than do that. Whatever works for you :slight_smile:

3. AlexL

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much! :slight_smile: