1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I came out to one of my friends yesterday.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BethLauren, Jun 25, 2014.

1. BethLauren

I have a few real life people that already know. My best friend T, who's gay, so we came out to each other at the same time. And my friend J, who's bisexual, who follows my blog where I openly talk about it so I kind of had to tell her.

Anyway. I decided I want to start coming fully out, so I'm starting to tell all of my friends. I was going to tell them in a group, but I decided I want to do it one at a time, kind of ease myself in to it. Now, T is fully out, and my friend G knows that. So yesterday, while we were buying a bottle of water in the canteen I said, 'You know T's gay?' and she replied 'Yeah.' I paused for a moment and then just shrugged and went 'Well, me too.'

She was so accepting. I explained that I didn't know exactly what I was, just I wasn't straight, and she didn't put any pressure on me, just told me to do what I'm comfortable with. I told her I was worried about coming out because I didn't want my female friends to treat me differently, and she told me that they wouldn't because they all love me anyway.

It's made me feel a lot better about coming out to the rest of my girls (although I kinda wish I had a specific sexuality to tell them)

Just wanted to get that out there! (!)

2. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yay!!! I am so happy for you :slight_smile:

I'm so glad you have a sort of support system. There is nothing nicer than to be accepted by a friend, especially a close one.

3. BethLauren

Yeah its great! The friends I have now are ones I made since going to college. If I'd tried coming out to my friends at school it would have been a completely different experience.

It's so nice being able to accept myself and having others accept me too!

4. Munyal

That is great news! I'm happy for you. :grin: