1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i giving off a vibe or something?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by epiphanies, Aug 25, 2008.

1. epiphanies

Ok, so I've thought for a while (years) that I might be attracted to girls, but I had never acted on it. This summer, I did, with one of my best friends. Things were good for about a month, but now she's back at school and around her ex, so that's all that is on her mind. Anywho, that's besides the point. This summer, it seems more and more is coming up around me about being gay. One of my best friends from school was talking to me on AIM and out of the blue said "I don't care if you're gay you know. I won't open my legs but I'll open my mind." I have never even talked to her about what has been goin on this summer. And then last night at work my boss, once again out of nowhere, my boss goes "Are you lesbian?" Of course my first reaction was "NO." (Well, I'm not. I like guys too. haha) But I can't come out to my boss. My brother works with me! And he's completely against homosexuality.

Anywho, all of a sudden people are talking to me about all that stuff more and more. This is retarded and more of a sarcastic comment, but am I giving off some sort of vibe now or something?!? haha

2. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I doubt it...people are just curious if they haven't seen u dating other men...I've had similiar situations lately and I'm pretty straight acting.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you giving off vibes? Maybe. But the main clue that most people pick up on is "does she have a boyfriend? does she seem interesting in guys?" If not, it's natural to wonder "Well, maybe she's gay". And once that seed is planted, anything about you that even hints at lesbianism will tend to be viewed as proof.

Good with tools? Lesbian.
    Slacks? Lesbian.
    Short haircut? Lesbian.

Whatever it might be.

For some time, there was a rumor at my brother's office that he might be gay. How'd it get started? He wasn't dating anybody. He didn't ogle girls, or talk about them. So they started looking for "proof".

He likes Depeche Mode.
    He's quite neat.
    He's somewhat of a "label whore".

Proof positive, right? Gayer'n a rainbow during gay pride, right? Until he invited his co-workers to his wedding. Ends up my brother's straight. Always has been. The "proof" is no longer "proof", but "quirks". :slight_smile:

If you feel comfortable telling a friend who asks, go ahead and do so. You're also more than welcome to tell them that you're still working on getting comfortable with your sexuality, and so you don't want the information spread around until you give the go-ahead.

Lex

4. something witty

I totally have the same problem and i am still trying to hide it as much as possible

5. silentsound

I doubt you are. Although I know the feeling. I think maybe you are just picking up on it more now that you are more sure about your sexuality? Or maybe it's just a coincidence. Like Lex said, sometimes just the fact that you aren't ogling that piece of man meat in the corner can set people wondering, and when people start to wonder they sometimes say some pretty stupid stuff...

6. lexie

i feel like i might give off unintentional vibes. i dont fit the general stereotype's, so people dont seem to suspect, but body language wise i might give off vibes to other lesbians or whatever who actually look for signs, i tend to put up a wall in those situations which probably makes it even more obvious.

7. RENThead

maybe your not giving of 'the vibes' but you just notice what people say more.

i notice when people just assume and say something about guys to me... i giggle inside...

at work the other day, one of the ladies said, get out and live life, dont let a guy hold you down, go and see the world.
    i replied, yea, im not really interested in guys.
    she said good.

(but she didnt think i ment that im gay) i came out to her, and told her what she said that day, and now we laugh about it.