1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gave my letter to my mom.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stormborn, Jun 26, 2014.

1. stormborn

i gave my coming out letter to my mom, and asked her if she and my dad could read it then i went and hid in my room. she came in a few minutes later and said that it was okay, and that things would be difficult but it'll be okay. she said she knew, which was really good because she had time to process it and stuff. she said that when they get home from vacation (in a week or two -- they leave in two days), we can talk more and figure stuff out. which is also good because i'll have time to think about what i need to say.

i'm not sure if my dad will come in and talk. i don't really want him to. i'm kind of worn out.

i'm still scared. but i think it'll all be okay.

now to work on coming out to my sister.

2. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well done, stormborn, I'm glad it went well for you, and that you have supportive parents.

Good luck with your dad when they come home from vacation.
    :slight_smile:

3. duende84

That is good news! It is better than what you can hope for I must say. I still have to cross that threshold.

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that sounds like good news, your mother took it pretty well. it also sounds like she wants to ask some questions so make sure you're ready.