1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married and Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lisavulpes, Jun 27, 2014.

1. lisavulpes

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I've been in denial for years. I've actually had more female partners than male. Most of these relationships occurred while I have been married with my husband so I'm pretty sure he either won't care or already figures. So no problems or drama there.
    I don't want to come out to my mother, father or most of my siblings. I'm already not very close with them anyway. My mom is VERY conservative evangelical christian (like my first Halloween was when I was 18 because it's the "devil's birthday" and Pat Robertson's words= the unwritten book of the bible conservative christian). My dad's pretty old school and doesn't like to talk on the phone (visiting isn't an option because they live over 2000 miles away) and I haven't talked to most my siblings in years (though they are on my fb).
    One sister (we'll caller 'Mandy') is very close to me but she can be kinda judgmental. I know she's not conservative like the others and is pro-lbgt rights so I think she'll be okay. I'm more worried that she'll think I'm faking it or say I'm saying it to copy someone.
    Oddly enough, my brother in law, Mandy's husband, I know will be accepting though it might be awkward unless I can wrangle a conversation to go in that direction. We were friends before my sister married him so we talk sometimes on fb.
    I have several friends that are gay, one that is somewhat close. She's a super helpful person to pretty much everyone she meets.
    I'm kinda thinking that I should find someone close to talk to so I can have support. I know you guys will be here, of course, but sometimes you need an in-person someone that you can feel comfortable sharing things that you may not want to share online.
    I'm not sure how much 'coming out' I should really do. I'm not interested in starting a relationship with any women (the last one kinda hurt me bad emotionally) so it certainly won't be that noticeable to others. I've just been going through a period where I am stepping back and reanalyzing my life and becoming more honest with myself in an effort to be more self-confident and so I can be me and not just the version of myself that others expect.
    Thanks for the advice!

2. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Tell the people you trust the most. Stay positive and choose the one's that you are sure they wont make a big scene. Like your gay friends. They will understand your situation.
    Also it would be important to tell your husband the truth and not keep those secrets from him.

3. lisavulpes

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm pretty certain he suspects if not knew sooner than I did. I'll probably make it clearer just to be safe but we actually check chicks out together sometimes. :lol: