1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sisters!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Holy crap, it's been a long time but I have a question and this is the first place that comes to mind. Im sorry if I offend if I say this but my sister is a bitch... We have never gotten along these 14 years she's been on the planet. and i'll prolly have someone tell me that is a horrible thing to say about her but if she wasn't i wouldn't say it. I suspect she is kinda homophobic because of the subtle remarks she says to me and others. Like we had a big giant blowout a couple months ago b/c she called me a fag and that I will burn in hell eternity. Yeah... we didn't speak for 2 months. Well she gets paticulary bad when it's "that time of the month". Now she is in high school with me and she is really trying to push my buttons and I need some help so i dont "accidentaly" pound her face in.

2. cm25

cm25 Guest

well u need to talk to her about it and tell her what's up. Try ur best to get along and she mite do the same. I'm sorry I can't relate to well cuz me and my sis(3 years older than me) are like rily tight.

3. kristi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take a deep breath. You can't choose your family, only your friends. You sound very frustrated with your sister right now. Keep in mind that she is younger than you, and little sisters are annoying. I know that because I have an older sister and I'm sure that I annoyed the crap out of her. Look at the bigger picture of your life, and realize that soon you'll be out of the house - in college or working or whatever - and you won't have to deal with her on a daily basis anymore. Even bigger than that, those things that she does to drive you crazy - how much will they matter 6 months from now? 1 year from now? 5 years from now? They probably won't matter at all. "We are only as big as the little things that annoy us". Try to let it go. Concentrate on the good things in your life. Don't "accidentally" pound her face in, violence is never the answer. Keep posting here on EC, this is the right place to vent your frustrations. :slight_smile:

4. ccdd

ccdd Guest

How old is your sister? It sounds as though she is 14 - the one thing I remember about being 14 is that I was horrible, and that everyone else was too. 14 is the worst age in the world, especially if you're a girl. With no offence to any 14 year olds on EC, this is a very difficult age! It's possible that you may get on better when you're older - I never got on with my sister ever, until she hit her 20s, when we don't get on, but we co-exist peacefully. We still don't get on, and probably never will, but we manage to keep out of each others hair.

I have a very difficult relationship with all of my siblings, and there are quite a few people on here who will sympathise with you on this one. As kristi said, you can't choose your family, and unfortunately you're stuck with her. Regarding her homophobia, when I was 14, everyone was homophobic - and now none of these people are. Sometimes people do change their views, especially when they're that young, and especially if they're just copying everyone else. Obviously you're entitled to be angry and upset, but if you can, wait a bit, and see if she manages to mature at all.

This all said, I know that siblings can be hell, so I do sympathise. There is not much you can do, except try and be the older, more mature one. Which sucks, I know. But I've been there, and I know exactly how frustrating and angry it made me - hang in there!

5. Louise

For starters, if you enter into an argument with your sister you are entering into her game and validating her bad behaviour. I have found irony a wonderful weapon. When she tell you that you will burn in hell just tell her that you certainly hope so, just think of the savings you will make on your heating bill! That answer is about as stupid as her telling you will burn in hell.

If she sees that she can't get you eventually she will stop trying. It may mean that you have to go to your room and beat the hell out of your pillow or go outside far from hearing and scream your lungs out but you won't have let her won.

You could also turn things round and sigh *that time of the month again* shake your head and leave the room. I can garuntee that will get a reaction!

DO NOT what ever you do get angry, shout or show that you are hurt, rise above it and mock her. This takes an enormous effort but just imagine the look of rage on her face when she can't push your buttons.