1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brother advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AJ2014, Jun 30, 2014.

1. AJ2014

so i posted here a while back about telling my parents im gay and i did it a while back but i still havent told me brother, my parents accept me and i think he will to im not really sure his opinion on the LGBT community but i think he will be ok. but i dont know how to tell him, hes 18 so out a lot i have had a couple opportunity's just dont know why i havent done it, any advice on how to do it or why i keep putting it off. thanks

2. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, what I find is the best way is to wait for the right occasion to tell him. I don't know how old you are, but maybe you could find a way to do it without going up to him with the 'I need to talk to you' speech.

Maybe get into a conversation about LBGT stuff and wait for the right time to say, or maybe text him (I'm not very inventive, sorry!)

You're probably putting it off because it is, les be honest (sorry, agreement with best friend. Thats what I have to say XD) a daunting thing to do. You never know how someone's going to react. Luckily in my case everyone I've told has been fine with it (then again, haven't tried my parents yet XD) but it is always that uncertainty.

Hope this helps, and you find a way to come out to your brother. Good luck!

~Nicole

3. AJ2014

Cheers Nicole i might just do that and I'm 16 by the way. And haha let be honest

4. lovely lesbian

Just try and find a time when he is home and sit him down and tell him