1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relationship advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BitterEdge, Aug 27, 2008.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

As some of you remember I have started seeing a guy I met online and things became a little more friendly if I may say than just friendship. I don't know if you can call what we are doing a relationship and need some advice about how to find out if its more than a friends with benefits type of scenario.

I'm going away for 4 months and really really like him, what should I do?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meaning what, exactly? Do you want to know if he has "feelings" for you? Do you have "feelings" for him?

Lex

3. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I do have feelings for him and I don't know if he does, I know he likes me physically but I don't know I am so new to this that I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing as far as relationship stuff is concerned. I also don't want to be just some sexual tool.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then you ask. "I've started developing some feelings for you. I'd really like this to be a full-on relationship. Is this something you're interested in?"

Lex

5. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Thanks Lex. I know the question was a little childish to ask but this is seriously the first person that I have fallen for.

6. Jim1454

It's not a simple or childish question...

But when you are able to step back from the situation you're in and look at it with the years of wisdom that Lex possesses (as do I?) you see more easily that honesty is the best way to approach these things.

7. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

He just wants to remain friends since I'm going away to college...I feel like my hearts been broken. He is trying to avoid me now before we leave.

8. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I should add I think he was just using me for his sexual enjoyment. For some reason in the back of my head I knew this...but I hate being used and falling in love with some who obviously didn't want what I wanted out of our time together.

9. hairdye

Yeah listen to these guys.
    They have PLENTY years of wisdom. ;p

10. Jim1454

Don't beat yourself up over this. It's REALLY easy to fall for the 'first' guy that you allow yourself to be close with. YOU feel like you've opened yourself up to him in a way you've never done with anyone else before. Where as HE might not feel anything very special. It's natural. Chalk it up to experience, and know that next time you need to move a little slower.

Good luck as you move away to school. Another big change.

11. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Thanks Jim. It's just odd for me because I thought we had something...I didn't want to be someone's whore. But I guess you live and learn.