1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

needing advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hello1992, Jul 3, 2014.

1. hello1992

So I finally gained enough courage to send a text to one of my friends that i need to speak to him this weekend. I plan to tell him i am gay.

I have already told one person, but he will be the first guy i have told and doing so face to face. I wouldn't say he was my closest guy friend, but i find it easy to speak to him. I am pretty sure he thinks i am gay, even though most don't. After my text to meet up he became very curious about the topic and gave a list of potentials, including whether i was gay. This was like a palm-to-face moment, obviously no one wants to be outed before they out themselves. But he isn't emotionally retarded, maybe this was him trying to make it easier, i dunno. Either way, i have realised that the moment to come out will never be perfect...its just time.

I don't really know how to approach this, i don't know what to expect...how to even start...I feel once i begin speaking i won't stop, we could be there for ages...At least i am sure he won't take it badly.

Any advice on this?

Thanks!

2. Vampire

Speak from your heart and don't overplan the thing. It probably won't go as planned anyway.
    If it makes you feel more comfortable, you can out yourself with a question: "What would you do/say/think if I'd tell you I'm gay?" Sometimes this is easier than going with an affirmative sentence.

Lots of love,
    Andy

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He already figured out you are gay; he is just waiting on you to trust him. Maybe he wants to be a closer friend. Just text him back and tell him, "Dang, you already guessed my big news that I am gay, but I still want to get together, maybe grab some lunch and take it to a park where we can talk without people sitting all around us; where do you want to meet up?"

Or something casual like that, then the pressure will be off when you meet.

4. Hyaline

This.... totally this. Being honest and forthcoming is the best.