1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with gaydar

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by something witty, Aug 27, 2008.

1. something witty

Okay so for some time now i have been questioning my sexuality and just these last few months i have come to accept it. However I refuse to come out to anyone, and its starting to be really hard. I just want to find someone who is also a lesbian who would understand. There is this girl at work who i hear is gay but seeing as i have no idea how to tell i can't confirm it. I also have a two little crushes at work, that girl who i am pretty sure is gay and about three years older and another girl about 4 years older who i am really really crushing on. I can not figure out how to get them to notice me :bang: and I can't figure out if the one i am really crushing on is maybe gay...help lol

2. Miles D

There's always the usual "Hey... did you watch Ellen the other day?" or "So, how 'bout that gay marriage debate?"

haha... yeah, those are REAL subtle... well actually they probably are to someone who's straight. If she's not, she'll let you know (maybe?).

3. Rbbhf111

Rbbhf111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Great advice mediumdietcoke
    Ask the person how they feel about "Same-Sex relationships" but do it SUBTLE without putting the person ON the SPOT. I suggest you do it in a comfortable setting with not many people around.

Talk about politics that also says a lot.

This phrase made my Own Crush turn into something more serious (But we are friends now)

this is exactly what i said;

rbbhf111: So do you think you could ever be intimate with somebody of the same gender, or, well I mean like for me I wouldn't exclude the idea of it. I mean if I find that somebody I should give them a chance. You know what i mean?

then Bryan said.

Bryan: Well yeah, I mean usually im straight. But I wouldn't mind exploring things with dudes.

so there you have it. that was a detail from My life :slight_smile: and that guy Bryan...VERY straight too, but we had a brief relationship.

4. something witty

Thank you for the advice.

But this girl and i don't talk much yet except for "hi, can you please pass me that plate?"
    lol I don't even know why i am crushing so bad its weird. Its just something about her...like just when i saw her it was an immediate attraction for me. And when i get those I can't think of anyone else. it sucks

Maybe i am just trying too hard for a relationship right now because thats like my biggest desire is to have some there for me. This is all to complicated!

5. RENThead

you pretty much just described me and my crush at work...
    although she works in a different department, so i occasionally see her in the staff canteen, (she sits with the rides people, and i sit with the food and bev people - we dont really mix) tho i look, and smile...

any advice i give you, will be lame, because im not really game enough to do it myself... tho maybe it would be easier if you work together more often.
    just a 'hey, how ya going?'

(tho i do know that that is hard... i just look from a distance...)

good luck

6. lexie

man, i can relate to that. it isnt weird to be attracted, infactuated, by someone you dont really even know that well at work. i have a huge crush on a girl i hardly interact with at work too, yet i am insanely attracted to her.

im not sure what advice to give, other than to try speaking to her more gradually, and trying to find out more about her through friendly chit-chat. as was said above though, that's easier said than done with crushes.

7. Derek the Wolf

The only real way to confirm whether someone is or isn't gay is to ask them. I know it can be really difficult, but there is simply no other war to guage it. I would simply ask the girls you have crushes on if they'd be interested. Sorry, but there's no tell (OH! she winked with her left eye. definitely gay), so you're stuck to good old fashioned communication.

8. kristi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you should develop a friendship first? Ask her out to coffee or a movie. Make it casual, get to know her outside of work. A good friendship is a much better basis for a relationship than just a crush. If she turns out to be straight, you haven't lost anything, but maybe you've gained a good friend. Good luck!