1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Derivative, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Derivative

Derivative Guest

I am still struggling how to tell my brother that I'm gay. I think after telling him I would be happy to live my life and not care what others think of me. I am struggling to bring it up in conversation, so do you think it's ok to tell him over facebook? I mean, we have an extremely close brotherly relationship... but I just can't tell him in person :frowning2: I feel a bit of a coward :frowning2:

He did ask me before but you know, I denied it.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't feel like a coward. I only talk to my sister about my personal problems over text. I'm just too insecure to say it to her face, and that's perfectly okay.

For your question, yes, that's fine. Coming out is still coming out, no matter how you do it. It may help if you pre-write it and reread it as much as you want to before saving it and closing. Don't send it to him yet. When you're in a good mood, just hurry up and copy, paste, and send it to him without rereading it again.

Not sure if that would work for you, though. In any case, I hope everything turns out alright. Good luck!

3. Derivative

Derivative Guest

I don't want to do it tonight after having a drink, but if I post a similar (not exact) message on here would people be willing to read it?

Thank you for replying, means alot :slight_smile:

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely. A lot of people post their coming out letters for suggestions, and they're usually perfect already.

And, no problem at all!

5. AdelOwl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,

I'm in a similar position as I haven't come out to my brother yet. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, but it will probably be in person as I think that would be easier as neither of us check Facebook very often. I'm sure however you do it, it will go well. Good luck and let us know how it goes!