1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got the thought in my head...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sugarskull, Jul 6, 2014.

1. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I am like 86.24564% sure I am gay. Sum things up quickly: I am 27 in a 10 year relationship with a man, and have a 3 year old. No one knows I am gay, let alone questioning it.

So its been really eating at me for the last few months. Just nagging at me that everything is so wrong and how unhappy I am. Then comes this girl, oh thats why I am unhappy, I want to touch boobies.

So anywho, I have decided I want to tell my dad first before my boyfriend. Is that weird? I feel like I need to have someone else there for me before I make that big step. My dad is my best friend, has always been supportive of me no matter what. He is awesome. He is also very close with my boyfriend so I'm thinking he will be able to help me with that too.
    And then this way, I can't get talked out of it by boyfriend, like guilt me into thinking I'm not gay. '

I haven't figured out when. It will probably be a long time from now since I'm still in a denial quite feel.
    But it almost excites me that I'm thinking of a game plan. But scares the hell out of me all at the same time.

eesh. Why couldn't I have come to this conclusion at 15?

2. foamfloater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you are closer with your dad, it makes sense to me to talk to him first.
    (Though I am no expert!!!)
    Maybe you could also find a local support group or councilor in the meantime?
    While you figure it out...
    But you know, if you are not feeling attraction or satisfaction in the relationship it might be best to not drag it out to long. Im sure it will hurt him when you tell him but in the end honesty is best for your BF too- he should be free to find someone who is happy with him. Remember to take care of yourself, it sounds like a hard situation.

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, that makes sense. Telling your boyfriend will most likely be harder. It's best to get the easy ones taken care of first.

Understandable. Coming out can be scary! >.<

Or 14 like me, hehe. People realize at different ages. At least you didn't realize it later in life...

Good luck! Sounds like a difficult situation you're in.

4. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was out as bi until about 20, then just shut down my feelings towards women. But man have the feelings been strong the last year, even more so this last few months. Its like everything starts to make sense once you figure it out for yourself. But holy crap and I scared of it too.

5. Candace

I feel like you should go to a counselor who can help you channel all your confusion and frustration first.

Trust me, this happened to me too when I was like 15-16. I slowly connected the dots and was able to figure out (based on embarrassing childhood events) that I liked guys and not girls. "Oh, so that's why I acted like that! It makes sense now".

Don't be scared (*hug*). I wish only the best for you :slight_smile: