1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I getting carried away?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whitefang, Aug 28, 2008.

1. whitefang

So I meet this really sweet, cute guy on EC his names Matt. I like him He likes me but we live far from each other, and ever sence he has talked to me he has left me feeling good bout myself. He has been on my mind ever day. he makes me the happiest I have ever been. he is my biggest crush i have ever had!!!!!!!!!

But i have been sending messages alot i thibk i am bugging him to much and i dont know what to do!!!!!!!!

i will go see him in real life eventually, and i will fight for him.

should i leave him alone for a couple of days?

2. Louise

If you jump in with both feet you may well scare him off. Just back off a bit, keep him as a friend and see how things go. He might be feeling overwhelmed by all your messages.

Just send a casual Hi, how ya doin from time to time or keep him updated on something interesting that happend to you in the day but leave it at that. One or two messages a day is plenty enough otherwise he is going to start feeling hassled.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think it might be good if you create some distance as it were. Given that he has helped you to make you feel better about yourself he has been an influence on your life and you have formed an attachment to him. But all your emotions and feelings are based on someone that you have never met in real life. Given that you guys live far apart the chances that you will meet him are there but they are pretty slim.

I think you should stop sending messages for a while. Take a break. Try to make some new friends to get your mind concentrating on something else. Try to keep yourself busy. That is not to say that you guys can't be friends. Sure you can and why not? But also keep it 'realistic.'

Hope this helps!

4. berileos

berileos Guest

Oops,I'm in trouble...:confused:

5. whitefang

6. whitefang

now im crying for reasons i cant explain

7. Louise

You are crying because you are sad, you get the feeling that we are taking something away from you. This something didn't exist except in your imagination.

I know you just want to be loved and have someone to love but you do need to keep things real. Look for a real friend, not a virtual one; virtual friendships only lead to heartache.

You will find someone, hang on in there it often takes longer than we would like but there is someone out there for you.

8. whitefang

i cant its to.....

9. Louise

(*hug*) You can. You can simply because you don't have any choice in the matter. What you do have a choice in is how you react to this situation. You can either let it bring you down and wallow in self pity. I am not trying to be harsh here, I have my own olympic size swimming pool of self pity that I indulge in all too often, or you can force yourself to think of something else, get your mind off him, do something that requires mental effort and while you are doing this you will not be thinking of Matt.

You can do this. I know it is hard but you can, I promise you.

10. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Louise. There is nothing wrong with having an online friend, but I think you reached a point where you need to take a step back. As said, keep talking to him, but keep it in perspective and know where the boundaries of such a relationship are. Try to find a real person with whom you can be friends. Sure it can be hard but if you try your best at finding and building new friendships they will happen. Join a club/group or an activity, which should help in finding some new friends.

11. whitefang

but i really like matt hes so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Louise

For a relationship to work the feelings HAVE to be mutual. You need to accept that you have stronger feelings for Matt than he has for you, even if he is sweet and has helped you a lot. If you back off you are more likely to keep him as a friend. This is your call but you could ruin this before it even gets started if you think only of your feeling and not of his.

13. whitefang

but i dont know that

14. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can do this. (*hug*)

Try to do something that will help you to get your mind concentrating on something else. Do the things that you like doing which will help you to get your mind to focus on something else. Give it a try...

The feelings that you have for him are based on nothing more than your online conversations with him. You only know him from afar. Try to keep it in perspective. It is quite possible that he might not feel the same way about you. Try not to hang onto something that will lead you to think even more about it. Take a step back. You can do it!

15. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

whitefang this is something that I think might have hurt me with this guy. Who also happens to share the same name...odd. I have been sending him so many texts, etc...I think it drove him up a wall and now he won't even talk to me.

16. whitefang

:tears::tears::tears::tears:

17. whitefang

18. whitefang

i have worked it all out!!!:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

19. mattyrusso

aww jordan im sorry i made you feel so sad =(

20. whitefang

its ok u made me better by letting me know im not bugging u!!:slight_smile:
    i loveu so much!