1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to online friends.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PlantSoul, Jul 7, 2014.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's a site that I have had connections to for a long time. A lot of the other users know who I am and I have come to know quite a few of the people on there. The problem is is that they all think I am a cis female. None of them know that I am trans, though a few knew that I had questioned my gender when I was younger. Anyway, I feel absolutely terrible for not telling them that I am trans. I feel like I have deceived them, even more so since, I have (had) playfully flirty relationships with some straight guys on there as well as gotten relationship offers from straight men.

I have been spending less time on that site and have become more distant, as a result. I really want to tell them, but I am terrified of potential backlash. If it gets down to it, I could always stay anonymous with my post, but I would still be in the closet and struggling about being completely open. :icon_sad:

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Greeley

Its one of those things where you just have to risk it all. Just say it, put that thread out there and hopefully they will all understand. You will know who your true friends are on there if they stick with you. Its basically just sieving out the weak.

Stop overthinking it and rip that bandaid off! We are all rooting for you!