1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost told him

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TotallyConfused, Jul 7, 2014.

1. TotallyConfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The other day I was walking with 2 of my guy friends, they have no idea that I'm gay. I was close to telling one of them. Cause I've fallen for him (I know I'm not going anywhere with it:bang:slight_smile:, but he doesn't have a girlfriend, and neither did he say why, even if I asked him for a couple of times. He doesn't seem to want a girl friend at all. Everytime I hang out with him, I have the urge to tell him along with other guys, and I just can't, I don't want to lose a 4 year friendship. I feel like I should let it slip between conversations, but I'm not sure if I should really tell them after all.

All I hope by reeling them is bringing us closer, as most of them will be leaving to oversea studying, and this summer is the last chance to tell them while having a conversation

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it really depends on how they view the LGBT+ community. If they're homophobic, you should seriously consider not telling them, or at least being very, very careful when you are.

If they aren't, I understand it'll still be hard, but at least it'll be a little easier, right?

In the case that you have no idea, you should look up some recent LGBT news and bring it up. For example, if you guys get into the topic of, say, guns, bring up that a gay man was shot recently. Or, if you're talking about jobs (WHY?!), you can mention how another gay man was denied the right to get a job because he had a husband. Or something.

Don't bring them up too close together, though, unless you want to leave a hint. And unless they're not really smart.

I'm just kidding.

In any case, many people feel like they should say it face to face, but that's not true. If you feel more comfortable with texting or messaging, you can do that instead. And if you're planning on telling them all, come out to the most open-minded, accepting one first.

Best of luck.

3. PaganPoetry

I'd say come out to them one by one....that's if they are accepting of homosexuality...you should throw in the fact that you wanted to tell them before they left away or something...idk I think sometimes it's better to tell them than to beat around the bush....idk about the bringing it up with news thing tho as it may make them feel pressured in a way....another thing you could do which I do a lot with people I want to come out to, is be casual about it and just bring it up like a regular thing..but idk if that would work well for someone you've known for 4 years....let us know what you're gona do and how it goes tho!