1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sophomore year was going to be different

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Amy, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Amy

Amy

it really was supposed to be. with the whole maybe-moving thing, i wanted to at least try being happy in this town for once in the past 8 years.

it looked like it could have been last week. i was going to come out to old friends, probably my mother, it was going to be easier for me. i havent done any of it.

i know i can do this honours work, i know i can balance all my e.c.s, but i cant think at all.

and then i wake up from my nap to a message from a dear friend of mine, someone i would never betray, as shes done so much to help me. im just going to call the other guy...bob. this is what the message said: "did you really say that to bob. i cant believe you amy. talked about me in that way. i would never".

first off, what the fuck? i havent said much to bob at all since music man, and that was just him complaining. i told him that im bisexual(still wondering how he didnt already know), that im obssesed with katy perry, about the possible musicals, and that there was no way i was sitting next to the people i had to sit next to because he stole my saet. nothing about this girl(now dubed katie).

secondly, fuck you, bob. fucking moron needs to realize that when he lies that much hes just going to turn into another cocky perforner. well fuck, fuckitty, fuck, FUCK YOU. you need to realize that lying and hating people because they think highly of themselves is worthless. you think higher of yourself than anyone i know. that holier than thou act is getting pretty danm old.

i could go for hours about how stupid it is. but i wont because im too tired..

this year is going to be crazy. with theatre, community stuff, layac, work, clubs,...

help?

how can i organize something my life. i need advice.

2. rocking23

I didn't much understand that whole dialog with bob and your friend LOL.
    But as I take it, you need help with organization.

I will be in the same boat this year, I will have a very hectic year. 3 things I live by to help my organization are:

1. Giant Calendar - Write everything on it! All due dates, rehearsal dates (you're in theater,) appointments. Anything you need to remember put it on the calender
    1.1. Giant calendars are fun too!

2. Day Book - My school gives out Agendas as part of our student fees, so every year we get a new one. Most people don't use them people they say it's in their head. Come on! Those people get bad grades and are always late because they are too busy kicking out due dates and filling the room with friends phone numbers and what they will do Friday night. Do as I do, write everything on in the Agenda! Everyday!
    2.1. Write the same thing on both your giant calendar and your agenda, so if you forget your agenda in your school locker you have a back up

3. This is quite the cliché but I live by it. Don't put things off. LOL. Once you are assigned something get started on it. Don't say you will do it later, what if something pops up? If you have a project assigned on Mondays and it's due Friday, The people from #2 will start on Wednesday. I always gather thoughts on Monday and get started Tuesday. Therefore I dont have to minimize my thoughts on Wednesday just so I can start

I hope these tips will work for you as they work fantastic for me. Everyone is different, maybe you will tweak these or combine them with the responses from other people.

Good Luck!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there!

I think your second year has still a chance of being different. Don't let what happened get you down. Try to turn the page.

It's okay that you didn't come out yet. Don't worry about it. You will find the right time to come out to your friends and your mom. Keep working at it. If you are ready and you think you have found a good time to come out, try it again. Don't beat yourself up about it.

You seem to have quite a bit on your plate there. It could become stressful. Try to create a schedule that will help you manage your time and for you still to be able to take a break for your self. If you find that it become all a bit too much then maybe you have to cut back on some of your activities. Try to keep a balance between the things you need and want to do.

I think it is good that you let all your anger out! I think you should talk to Bob. Let him know how you feel about this. Talk to your friend and let her know that you never mentioned something like this to Bob and that it is just made up. Now that you know what he is like, and if you can't trust him and if he is spreading lies around, than I think you should reevaluate your friendship with him. Spreading around lies is not something that real friends do.

I hope this helps!