1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by love dont judge, Jul 9, 2014.

1. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've told everyone in my class, and now I want to tell my parents, but I dont know how. They are accepting of LGBTQ people, and believe that everyone should be able to love who they want, but Im afraid of what their reaction will be. :bang:Anyone have any advice on how to casually tell them I'm bi?:icon_sad:

2. The Spark

It's really simple as just hanging out with them, and then at one point saying "Hey, I'm bi by the way." It'll be easier since they're accepting, and try not to worry about it.

3. ABeautifulMind

If they are accepting already it wont be as hard as for some, but you have a lot of options.... there is casually like the other poster said, you can tell them you would like to talk to them about something for something a little more formal, you can tell them one at a time, maybe ask one of them to go to a bite to eat or something...

Either way, GL with it, and congrats on already taking the first step ^_-

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can do it subtly.

For example, when they're talking about who's married, wistfully sigh, "I wish I will marry a nice woman one day. Or a nice man."

Or if they're talking about kids, talk about how you might need to adopt if you want to be with a man.

In any case, good luck. Like others said, if they're accepting of LGBTQ, they should accept you too. (*hug*)

5. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha, congrats on taking the first step. that couldn't have been easy. if you truly believe that your parents are very accepting of lgbt people, then by all means go ahead, don't be shy. you have plenty of time and options to look into before you can tell them. be sure that you're ready though.

6. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys. I might use one of these soon.:icon_bigg

7. ABeautifulMind

You know you could even use the letter approach. That is my eventual plan. That is because I already have problems with face to face interactions, Ill be damned if I am going to try and stumble my way through that conversation. Couldnt imagine how bad the awkward silence could be lol.

8. uniqueness

uniqueness Guest

If they are accepting of you, then you just need to casually slip it into the conversation.